Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crock-pot Stroganoff



I really like stroganoff, but I still haven't found the perfect recipe, so I have to keep playing with it.  This tasted great, and that this version is made in the crock pot makes it particularly nice, but it still doesn't taste quite like my moms.

2 lb cube steak, cut into small cubes
2 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 low sodium beef bouillon cube
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp liquid browning
Dash freshly cracked black pepper 
4 - 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional, I don't use)
1 1/4 c. sour cream

Hot cooked Pasta

Place the beef, both soups, bouillon, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, browning, black pepper, and mushrooms if using, in your crock pot. 

Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours. 

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over hot pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment