Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Curried Soup

 

 I planned on using garbanzo beans in this, and I really would have liked to but I didn't have any bottled. 

So I subbed black eyed peas instead and I really like that. One cup of cooked lentils would also work.  In place of the alphabet pasta you could use crushed ramen, Israeli couscous, or cooked rice.

I stirred a little sambal olek into the top for some more heat.

And a very special thanks to pintesert and Better Homes and Gardens for this tasty recipe

I also plan on sending this to Presto Pasta Nights, being hosted over at Food Hunters Guide to Cuisine.

1 onion, chopped
Oil
1 carrot, cut into cubes
3 c. vegetable broth
1 Tbsp green curry paste
large dash garam masala
1 c. fresh or frozen green beans
1 can beans, drained
1/4 c. alphabet pasta
Heat the oil in a pan and saute onion for 1 minutes. Add the carrot and continue sauteing until the onion is tender. Add the broth, green paste, garam masala, frozen green beans and beans. When the carrots are tender and the pasta and cook 2 minutes until tender.

1 comment:

  1. A perfect dish for me since I'm down with the flu! I can't think of anything better to cure me ;-)

    Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete